- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease or line muffin pans.
- In a very large mixing bowl, mix together the cereal, sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cranberries.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, and buttermilk.
- Stir the egg mixture into the cereal mixture; mix well.
- Fill muffin pans 3/4 and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes about 3 dozen muffins.
Note: This batter can be prepared ahead of time and baked as needed. Keep the batter in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
250 calories, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 55 g protein