- Cut the meat into serving portions.
- Dredge with flour and brown in oil.
- Add the salt, pepper and onions and cook until the onions are clear.
- Combine water, catsup and Worcestershire sauce and pour over the meat.
- Cover; bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for 1 hour.
- Add vegetables and simmer 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
To cook the ribs in a crock pot or a slow cooker:
- Place the carrots, potatoes, and celery into crock pot, add the browned short ribs and cooked onions, and pour the catsup mixture over all.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
420 calories, 17 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 23 g protein