- Place flank steak in a resealable plastic bag and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and thinly slice meat with the grain, into long strips.
- Place meat along with remaining ingredients into resealable plastic bag; evenly distribute all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours to marinate.
- Remove from marinade; pat dry with paper towels.
- Evenly distribute meat in rows on dehydrator trays, making sure pieces are not touching.
- Place trays in dehydrator and follow manufacturer’s directions.
- Once dried, store in a cool dry place in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per 1-ounce serving:
90 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 13 g protein