- Place all coffee rub ingredients in a spice grinder and pulse until it turns into a fine powder.
- Be careful not to inhale when you open lid.
- Rub both sides of ribs with rub, place in a resealable bag and store in refrigerator to marinade over night.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove ribs from fridge about an hour before you cook them, bringing them back to room temperature.
- Place ribs in baking pan, cover tightly with foil and cook for 2.5 hours.
- While ribs are cooking, make the barbecue sauce.
- In a small pan on medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar and allow the liquid to almost cook off.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on a low simmer until the sauce thickens – about an hour.
- Add water for a thinner consistency.
- Allow it to cool; process this to a smooth consistency using a hand-held blender or leave it a little chunky.
- After 2.5 hours, remove the foil and baste both sides of the ribs with sauce, and continue to cook.
- Turn after 15 minutes and cook the other side.
- You should have a little extra sauce to serve ribs.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
650 calories, 40 g fat, 13 g saturated fat, 130 mg cholesterol, greater than 2500 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g sugar, 32 g protein