- Combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and garlic.
- Mix well and stir in crumbled blue cheese.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Combine beef, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, salt and pepper.
- Divide and shape mixture into 10 3/4?-thick patties.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes and then flip.
- Brush the top of each burger with remaining sauce.
- Continue grilling for another 2 minutes and flip burgers again, brushing the other side with additional sauce.
- Continue to cook and baste until internal temperature of the burger reach 160-165°F.
- Lightly spread the bottom half of each roll with cheese spread and top with a lettuce leaf.
- Break each bacon piece in half and place on top of lettuce leaves.
- Place burger on top and drizzle with additional barbecue sauce if desired.
- Top with optional crispy shoestring onions.
- Spread remaining cheese spread on top halves of rolls.
Makes 5 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (not including optional crispy onions):
700 calories, 35 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 125 mg cholesterol, 1500 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g sugar, 43 g protein