- In a small saucepan, combine barbeque sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside 1 cup barbeque sauce to serve with burgers.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, oats, 1/4 cup of the remaining barbeque sauce, garlic salt, pepper and salt.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into six patties.
- Heat grill on medium heat.
- Grill burgers, covered on medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until well done, basting with 1/2 cup barbeque sauce during the last 5 minutes.
- Serve on buns with toppings of your choice and reserved barbeque sauce.
Tip: Don’t press down on a hamburger patty while cooking. Pressing the patty squeezes all the juice out causing a dry burger.
Tip: To keep your burger moist when grilling, place a small ice cube in the middle of your patty. As it cooks, the ice cube melts and distributes moisture through the burger.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 80% lean ground beef and reserved BBQ sauce, but not including toppings of your choice):
610 calories, 22 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 105 mg cholesterol, 950 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 52 g sugar, 27 g protein