- Preheat electric oven to at 350°F.
- In a large skillet or sauce pot heat oil; sauté onion and garlic.
- Add ground beef and cook until lightly browned; drain excess oil.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water; heat through.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole.
- Pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Break half of spaghetti and lay evenly in casserole dish.
- Pour half of remaining sauce over spaghetti and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat with remaining spaghetti, then sauce and top with cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until cheese is lightly brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let sit for at least five minutes before cutting and serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
600 calories, 19 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 900 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 35 g protein