- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel ginger root and slice into 10 slices.
- Pour orange juice into a small saucepan, add SPLENDA Granulated Sweetener and ginger root.
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat, boil 10 to-12 minutes or until orange juice has reduced to approximately 2 tablespoons.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Remove ginger slices using a fork and discard.
- Set sauce aside.
- Mix together the half and half, cornstarch and salt; set aside.
- Whisk the softened butter, one tablespoon at a time, into the 2 tablespoons of orange juice; stir until melted.
- Add the half and half mixture; stir well.
- Place saucepan back on heat and heat over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Remove sauce from heat and mix in a blender for 15 to 20 seconds or until smooth and lighter in color; set aside.
- Place vegetables in an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Place salmon fillets on top of the vegetables and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through, but still tender.
- Place vegetables and salmon on serving plates and pour sauce over salmon.
Makes 2 servings.
Approximate nutrition information (per serving):
Calories 440 (calories from fat 180); protein 30g; fat 20g (sat 8g); carbohydrate 38g; fiber 7g; cholesterol 95mg; sodium 440mg; sugar 14g.
Exchanges per Serving:
4 Lean Meats, 3 Fats, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fruit