- Heat oven 325°F.
- Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Clean fish; rub inside with 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Combine remaining salt, pepper, onion, parsley, bacon drippings, bread cubes, and milk.
- Lightly stuff fish with bread mixture; secure with skewers.
- Arrange bacon slices over top of fish.
- Wrap fish in ti leaves.
- Place in prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes per pound.
Makes 2 to 8 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 5 pounds whole fish and 6 servings):
300 calories, 12 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 42 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 5 pounds whole fish and 8 servings):
230 calories, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 31 g protein