- Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Cut and discard ends of bread.
- Cut remaining loaf into 1/2-inch slices; cut the first slice three fourths of the way through and the second slice all the way through to form a sandwich.
- Repeat until entire loaf is cut in the same manner.
- Combine guava jam and butter and spread in center of each sandwich; set aside.
- Combine baking mix, sugar, salt, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla and lemon extracts; mix well.
- Dip sandwiches in batter and place on prepared pan.
- Pour remaining batter over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat electric oven to 400°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:(based on 8 servings and not including butter and syrup):
480 calories, 16 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 230 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g sugar, 15 g protein