- Whisk together ranch dressing and chili paste in a large bowl.
- Mix in chicken pieces and toss to evenly coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towels.
- To assemble the kabobs, skewer a piece of onion, then the end of a bacon strip, then a piece of chicken.
- Weave the bacon and chicken alternately on the skewer until the strip of bacon is used (about 4 to 5 pieces of chicken).
- Skewer a second piece of onion to top.
- Repeat for all 12 kabobs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the kabobs on the grill, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, until browned on all sides and the chicken is cooked (12 to 16 minutes total per skewer).
- Serve with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per 2 Kabob serving (not including salt to taste):
570 calories, 43 g fat, 13 g saturated fat, 120 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 36 g protein