- Dice fresh ahi to 1-inch cubes.
- Grind ahi in a food processor (it's very critical to grind the ahi in a food processor. Do not chop the ahi with a knife-chopping the ahi with a knife will make the ahi have a similar taste and texture to ground chicken).
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add garlic and ground ahi and stir until cooked through.
- Add onion and bell peppers and cook another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large pot.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add grated ginger; season with black pepper, chili powder, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Serve Ahi Chili in bowls with Nori Chips.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 4 servings and not including to taste ingredients, not including Nori Chips):
340 calories, 13 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 33 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on 6 servings and not including to taste ingredients, not including Nori Chips):
230 calories, 8 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 22 g protein