Manuals & Engineering Specifications
Ensure standards and safety requirements are met and your project is a success. Learn more >
Experiencing Electrical Problems?
Call our Trouble Line toll free at 1-855-304-1212 and request a voltage check.
- Account Services
- Electrical Installation and Standards
- Commercial Rates
- Power Quality for Businesses
Hawaiian Electric Can Help You
View our collection of Power Quality Publications.
Electrical Installation and Standards
Commercial and residential builders can use the customer installation form* to have electric service turned on for new projects. By filling out the form properly and including all necessary information, you will help clarify project requirements and reduce processing time for our team.
Residential requests up to 200 amps can either be called in at 543-7070 or submitted using the customer installation form.*
In addition, please review our current manuals and engineering specifications.
What projects are covered with this form?
- New or increased electrical service to a facility
- Removal or relocation of existing electrical service to a facility
- Consolidation, relocation or modification of existing meter arrangement at an existing facility
Please take the time to review the listed submittal information below before filling out this form and beginning this project journey with our team. This will help us work with you to make your project a success!
Commercial and Large Customer Information
We want to make the installation process as clear as possible for our customers. Please view/download this Commercial and Large Customer brochure, which includes step-by-step milestones and approximate timelines for the installation process.
What You Need to Submit
- Electrical load calculations
- Engineering drawings including the following:
- Electrical Site Plans
- Address and/or Tax Map Key(s) of project site and surrounding parcels
- Location map
- Property lines and surrounding street names
- Existing / proposed easements
- Existing Hawaiian Electric facilities
- Overhead lines
- Vault rooms
- Include applicable Hawaiian Electric identification numbers for its facilities (e.g. pole numbers, transformer vault numbers, meter numbers, etc.)
- Existing civil infrastructure (e.g. sewer, water, drainage, communication lines, curb/gutter, elevations, etc.)
- Proposed transformer/switchgear locations
- Proposed vault rooms (plan and elevation views, fully dimensioned)
- Proposed meter/switchboard/switchgear locations
- Proposed underground infrastructure (includes handhole/manhole, primary duct lines, etc.) route from point of interconnection from existing Hawaiian Electric infrastructure to proposed service point
- Proposed parking, bollards & curbs
- One Line Diagram
- Transformer/switchgear/vault room
- Denote requested service voltage
- Meter/Switchboard (include CT cans and splice cans as applicable)
- Secondary cables (include size and number of sets)
- Meter Elevations
- Meter height
- Cabinet or free standing post structure dimensions
- Switchboard dimensions (include concrete pad as applicable)
- Civil, Structural & Landscape Plans
- Grade level structural, civil and landscape plans for all areas in which new Hawaiian Electric facilities will be installed including all new infrastructure, foundations, footings, pile caps/support columns, trees, etc.
- Electrical Site Plans
*All information provided by Customer will be relied upon by Hawaiian Electric to provide the services being requested. Hawaiian Electric does not assume any obligation or responsibility to Customer to ensure accuracy or correctness of such information. To the extent permissible by law, Customer agrees to bear all risk and costs incurred by Hawaiian Electric should the information provided by Customer is deemed to be incorrect or inaccurate.