- Payment Arrangement Options - View a list of interest-free payment arrangements options available for a limited time.
- Payment Assistance Options - View a list of options available to Hawaiian Electric customers.
- Aloha United Way – For a list of providers to call for help with Utility Service Payment Assistance.
- Hoala Assistance Program (funded by City and County of Honolulu and Hawaii Community Foundation) - Helps Oahu residents with payments, including for their utilities.
- COVID-19 Household Hardship Relief Program - Program provides assistance to City and County of Honolulu residents who demonstrate economic hardship due to COVID-19.
- Hawaii Emergency Laulima Partnership (H.E.L.P.) - The H.E.L.P. program offers financial assistance for Maui County residents with essential needs.
- Kahiau Community Assistance Program (funded by the Office of Hawaiian Affairs) - Provides one-time emergency financial assistance (up to $1500) to Native Hawaiian beneficiaries facing hardship.
- Liliuokalani Trust's COVID-19 Ohana Stabilization Fund - Assistance for parents of Native Hawaiian children destabilized by the pandemic limited to household items and grocery gifts cards provided through their Kokua Line.
- Hawaii Pandemic-EBT - This program provides assistance to Hawaii families with children who are struggling to buy food.
Visit these sites for more information about COVID-19:
Customer Service Options
As part of our response to the COVID-19 situation and as we increase our efforts for social distancing, we urge customers to enroll for online services at our Online Customer Service Center or through our mobile app. That way, you can submit customer service requests for the following: start, stop or move service requests, request payment arrangements through an authenticated channel, report payment, submit billing inquiries, schedule one-time or automatic bill payment, as well as report and check status on outages.
Also, please watch out for scammers. If you experience fraudulent activity, please submit a report to us.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and cooperation. Please continue to stay safe.
Accessing the Online Customer Service Center
Please use the buttons below to enroll or to access your existing online account.
Information you'll need to enroll:
- 12-digit electric account number
- zip code for your billing address
- authentication method for your account (last 4 of social security number or personal identification number on file)
Start, Stop or Move Service
For new customers that do not have an existing electric account, please use our Start Electric Service form to initiate a new request.
Submit Your Meter Reading
If Hawaiian Electric's meter readers are unable to read your residential meter, then you will be sent an estimated bill based on your previous usage. To be billed for the actual usage, you can send us a meter reading of your own.
For individuals without an online account, the following customer service inquiries may be submitted with our Contact Us* form. To ensure timely processing, please include the required information for each type of inquiry. Customers will receive an email reply and confirmation once your inquiry or request has been processed, usually within 2 business days. (It's important to remember that you do not provide your electric account number for security purposes.)
Report a Payment
To report payment made at a neighborhood payment center, please submit the following:
Name on Account, Service Address, Contact Telephone Number, Email Address, Payment Date, Amount, Payment Method / Location, Payment Confirmation # (if provided)
Request a Payment Arrangement
If you are having problems paying your bill, or need to request an extension, please let us know before the bill becomes past due. While we have suspended physical disconnections (due to nonpayment) through Sept. 1, we encourage customers to keep us informed of their situation so that we can make arrangements to help keep the account current.
Billing or General Inquiry
If you have a question about a recent bill, or have a general inquiry, please submit the following:
Name on Account, Service Address, Contact Telephone Number, Email Address, Nature of Concern
*For security purposes, please do not put your electric account number or other highly sensitive information like your social security number into the Contact Us form.