COVID-19 Response for Businesses
Hawaiian Electric wants our business customers to know that we're here to support them as the state begins its economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
Hawaiian Electric's operations have returned to normal with a few exceptions. Our walk-in payment centers will remain closed until further notice.
We understand that many business customers are financially strained as a result of COVID-19, and we’re committed to working with them to weather this downturn. Here is some helpful information:
Request Payment Arrangement
Customers who are having difficulty paying their bills due to the coronavirus pandemic are encouraged to view the Company's payment arrangement options and to submit a payment arrangement request (PDF). You can also contact representatives on Oahu, 548-7311; Maui, 871-9777; Molokai and Lanai, 1-877-871-8461; Hilo, 969-6999; Kona, 329-3584; or Waimea, 885-4605.
Service Disconnections Suspended
Service disconnections are suspended through March 31, 2021, an extension from May 17, 2020. Late fees will be waived through March 31, 2021.
Walk-In Customer Payment Centers Closed
Walk-in customer payment centers will remain closed until further notice. The following options are available for customer payments:
- Mail in payments
- Utilize our online bill payment service (no charge)
- Sign-up for Automatic Bill Payment (no charge)
- Use Speedpay®, an authorized payment service provider that allows you to pay-by-phone or online (convenience fee applies).
- Visit any participating Western Union Payment agent and pay in person with no fee. Your Electric Bill stub is required. Hours vary by location. Please inquire directly with your neighborhood Western Union Payment agent.
Customer Installation Department Changes
- Learn more about available relief options and other resources from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Official U.S. Senate website of Senator Brian Schatz of Hawaii
- Guide to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Hawaii Energy's Energy Relief Grant
- Honolulu Small Business Relief and Recovery Fund
- Kokua Maui County Small Business Recovery & Relief Fund
- County of Hawaii Small Business Relief & Recovery Fund
- COVID-19 Financial Assistance
- COVID-19 Hawaii Business Resources
- Hawaiian Electric's response to COVID-19