Sun Power for Schools
Waipahu High School
Waipahu High School's metal shop building is the site of Hawaiian Electric's 5th rooftop solar system, installed on October 15, 1998.
- Two kilowatt (kW) rated peak
- Eight 4x6 foot panels, weighing 110 pounds each (Manufacturer: ASE, Type: ASE-300-DB/50-285)
- DC and AC disconnection switches
- SMA SunnyBoy 2500U inverter to convert DC current to AC
- Data acquisition system (Data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of integrated renewable energy lessons.)
To view the data collected from Waipahu High's system as well as the weekly mean power production and insolation graphs, click here. If you'd like to request the raw data for these graphs, or others on the site, call (808) 543-7323 or (808) 543-7659.