Sun Power for Schools
Waialua High School
Waialua High school, on the island of Oahu, received the 7th Hawaiian Electric Sun Power for Schools photovoltaic (PV) system on February 10, 1999. The system sits atop the school's science building.
- Two kilowatts (kW) rated peak
- Eight 4x6 foot panels, weighing 110 pounds each (Manufacturer: ASE, Type: ASE-300-DB/50-285)
- DC and AC disconnection switches
- SMA SunnyBoy 2500U inverter to convert DC current to AC
- Data acquisition system (Data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of integrated renewable energy lessons)
To view the data collected as well as the weekly mean power production and insolation graphs, click here. If you would like to request the raw data for these graphs or others on the site, call (808) 543-7323 or (808) 543-7659.