Sun Power for Schools
Mililani High School
On January 7, 1999, Mililani High School became the 6th Oahu school to receive a sun-powered photovoltaic (PV) system from the Sun Power for Schools program, with an installation on its Building L.
- Two kilowatts (kW) rated peak
- Eight 4x6 foot panels, weighing 110 pounds each (Manufacturer: ASE, Type: ASE-300-DB/50-285)
- DC and AC disconnection switches
- SMA SunnyBoy 2500U inverter to convert DC current to AC
- Data acquisition system (Data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of integrated renewable energy lessons.)