Sun Power for Schools
Kaimuki High School
The Sun Power for Schools program reached a milestone on July 2, 1997, when Hawaiian Electric installed the program's first rooftop solar system on the roof of Kaimuki High School's gymnasium.
- Two kilowatts (kW) rated peak
- Eight 4x6 foot panels, weighing 110 pounds each (Manufacturer: ASE, Type: ASE-300-DB/50-285)
- DC and AC disconnection switches
- SMA SunnyBoy 2500U inverter to convert DC current to AC
- Data acquisition system (Data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of integrated renewable energy lessons.)