Sun Power for Schools
Campbell High School
On October 8, 1998, Campbell High School in Ewa Beach, Oahu, received Hawaiian Electric's fourth Sun Power for Schools photovoltaic (PV) system, which was installed on the roof of its shop building.
- Two kilowatts (kW) rated peak
- Eight 4x6 foot panels, weighing 110 pounds each (Manufacturer: ASE, Type: ASE-300-DB/50-285
- DC and AC disconnection switches
- SMA SunnyBoy 2500U inverter to convert DC current to AC
- Data acquisition system (Data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of; integrated renewable energy lessons.)