Integration Tools and Resources
- Sustainability Report
- Clean Energy Facts
- Selling Power to the Utility
- Integrated Grid Planning
- Grid Modernization Technologies
- Electrification of Transportation
- Integration Tools and Resources
Sharing Renewable Energy Data
We provide this interactive tool to help people find, view, and download this renewable resource data to increase awareness and understanding of renewable technologies. This information is an important component in understanding the availability of renewable generation from variable resources such as wind and solar in Hawaii. Hawaiian Electric collects this data to more efficiently operate the electric system we all depend on by improving reliability and increasing our use of indigenous renewable resources.
Types of Data
The current data set is for Oahu and data for other islands served by the Hawaiian Electric Companies will be added as it become available. For now, two types of data are shared:
- Sun Power for Schools (SPS) production data, sunshine data and other weather information. SPS is a demonstration and educational program initiated in 1996 to teach students and the community about renewable energy systems. SPS is supported by a voluntary partnership between Hawaiian Electric Company, the State of Hawaii Department of Education, and the community. For more information, please click here.
- Solar irradiance data collected and provided by Hawaiian Electric's Renewable Energy Planning Department to assist system operators and planners to forecast and integrate renewables. Data is collected as part of a solar monitoring network of sensors (SolarNET).
The data is collected and shared in cooperation with Referentia Systems, Inc.
To contact our Renewable Database team, please email us at RETools@hawaiianelectric.com.