Integrated Grid Planning
What is Integrated Grid Planning?
Get a quick overview with our IGP handout
Resilience Working Group Documents
Resilience Working Group (RWG), is made up of broad cross section of industries and governmental agencies that have an interest in grid resilience. The goal of the RWG is to:
- Identify and prioritize resilience threat scenarios and potential grid impacts
- Identify key customer and infrastructure sector capabilities and needs following a severe event and loss of power
- Identify gaps and priorities in grid and customer capabilities following a severe event and loss of power
- Provide recommendations and inputs for the IGP to address resilience needs
- Recommend additional grid and customer actions to close gaps in capabilities following severe events
- Help to identify opportunities and locations to enhance grid resilience that may provide greater public benefits
June 1, 2020
Siemens presented IGP Resilience Working Group Report.
December 16, 2019
Reviewed and commented on DRAFT RWG report and IGP Inputs.
November 22, 2019
Reviewed and commented on DRAFT RWG report and IGP Inputs. Jupiter presented wind and flood weather data.
October 28, 2019
Analyzed customer and grid impacts during severe threats.
September 17, 2019
Identified vulnerabilities of power system during severe threats.
August 29, 2019
Reviewed resilience process. Identified existing capabilities of critical infrastructure/customer segments under a severe hurricane scenario and determined improvements.
July 22, 2019
Introduced Resilience Working Group topics and got initial feedback from members. Discussed resilience process roadmap and determined hurricane as the highest critical threat to the grid.