Integrated Grid Planning
- Sustainability Report
- Our Clean Energy Portfolio
- Community Meetings
- Selling Power to the Utility
- Grid Modernization Technologies
- Integrated Grid Planning
- Integration Tools and Resources
IGP Stakeholder Technical Working Group Meeting June 2, 2021
- Establish common understanding of modeling tools
- Determine if Hawaiian Electric’s recommendations on the agenda topics reasonable, and if not, seek recommendations from stakeholders to incorporate into the IGP process.
- Is the purpose and scope of analysis for each modeling tool clear?
- Does the methodology to determine sampled Day Weights, Daily Loads, and Sample Days meet the Parties’ needs?
- Is the Company’s proposed process for reliability analysis appropriate?
- Are the hourly dependable capacities for each technology reasonable?
- Do the bookend sensitivities adequately consider an appropriate range of scenarios, including a "worst case scenario"?
- Does the updated modeling of DERs appropriately captures pricing, potential, and uptake?
- Provide an overview of the different modeling tools that will be used for to conduct grid needs assessments, including the objective of each model and model analysis
- Additional information on RESOLVE day weights and sampling
- Planning Criteria and Ancillary Service Rules
- Continued Discussion Energy Reserve Margin and Review of Recommendations
- Discussion on Hourly Dependable Capacity for Wind and Solar Resources
- Discussion on Inertia and Fast Frequency Response Needs Identification
- Bookend Scenario Overview – Initial Discussions
- High technology adoption
- Low technology adoption
- High load, Worst Case scenario
- Updated DER Forecasts – Initial Discussions
- Discussion on Inputs for Updated PV, BESS Uptake Forecast
- Time of use best estimates of tariffs and programs to inform the "adjusting layers" of the load forecast
Deliverables in Response to Stakeholder Feedback
- Grid Needs Assessment – Modify the bookend scenarios
- Grid Needs Assessment – Recommendations to modify Planning Criteria
- Inputs & Assumptions – Modify the DER forecast for best estimates of new DER programs