To explore available opportunities and become a partner in our vision, please create an account and apply for a vacant position at our Careers Site.
Finding and cultivating talent for our organization is a top priority. Hawaiian Electric's total compensation package, which includes a competitive salary and benefits, is our commitment to employees for their excellence in job performance, results and work ethic.
One component of total compensation is a comprehensive employee benefits package that provides for the well-being of employees and their families creating balance between professional and personal commitments.
Hawaiian Electric's Employee Benefits Summary
This is only a preview of the benefits we offer to our employees. Detailed information about eligibility, enrollment and other benefit provisions are provided upon employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be discontinued without notice.
Health and Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Drug/Optical Plans
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Workers' Compensation
- Health Screening
- Wellness Education
- Twelve Full Paid Holidays and Two Half-day Holidays
- Bonus Vacation Day for Taking Minimum Sick Leave
- Voluntary Educational Assistance Program
- Family and Medical Leave
- Bus Pass Reimbursement
- Adoption Expense Reimbursement Program
- PATCH Enhanced Child Care Referral Program
- Bereavement Leave
- Group Life, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Social Security/Medicare
- HEI Retirement Savings Plan (HEIRS)
- Other Postretirement Benefits (medical, life, etc.)
As a large employer we have established business relationships with vendors that are able to offer our employees modest discounts for a variety of products and services, such as, computers, computer products, business software, advanced electronics, and cellular equipment.