- How to Pay Your Bill
- Understanding Your Bill
- Fraud Prevention
- Customer Newsletters
- Rates & Regulations
- Payment Assistance
Bill payment help for low-income households
LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is a federal program that provides qualifying low-income households with a one-time credit to offset household energy costs. Applicants may apply, once per program year, for one of two types of credit: Energy Credit (EC) or Emergency Crisis Intervention (ECI).
In addition, residential customers on Rate Schedule R who receive a LIHEAP credit will be auto-enrolled in our Tier Waiver Provision program for 12 months. This program applies the lowest tiered rate to the non-fuel energy charge on a customer’s electric bill. Residential Time of Use customers are not eligible for the Tier Waiver Provision program.
The program is now accepting applications. View their 2021 flyers for more information:
Energy Credit (EC)
Applications are only accepted during the month of June. The amount of the credit varies each year and is based on the total number of people living in the house. Applicants must have an active electric account and are required to submit a current electric bill.
Emergency Crisis Intervention (ECI)
Applications are accepted throughout the year. The ECI credit is a fixed amount. Applicants must meet the same criteria as required by those applying for the Energy Credit, except that a Notice of Disconnection must be submitted instead of a current electric bill.
You must present:
- Your most recent electric bill.
- Proof you occupy the service address on the bill.
- Social Security numbers of all household members older than 1 year old.
- ID for all adult members.
- Proof of citizenship status.
- Proof of gross annual income to one of the following offices from June 1 to June 30. They will determine whether you qualify.
- Oahu: Honolulu Community Action Program (HCAP)
- Maui County: Maui Economic Opportunity (MEO)
- Hawaii Island: Hawaii County Economic Opportunity Council (HCEOC)
For more information, please contact one of the following: