How to Pay Your Bill
- How to Pay Your Bill
- Understanding Your Bill
- Fraud Prevention
- Customer Newsletters
- Rates & Regulations
- Payment Assistance
Hawaiian Electric’s Go Green, Plant Trees Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SPONSOR. Hawaiian Electric’s Go Green, Plant Trees Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Maui Electric Company, Inc. and Hawai’i Electric Light Company, Inc. (collectively, “Hawaiian Electric” or “Sponsor”), whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes will be final and binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the State of Hawaii who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, unless local law prohibits entry or requires pre-registration or bonding. Employees of Hawaiian Electric, its parent company, or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, or advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, and children.
- HOW TO ENTER. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on April 18, 2023, at 12:01 AM HST, and ends on December 31, 2023, at 11:59 PM HST (“Entry Period”) and involves the entry methods described below.
All Hawaiian Electric customers who are enrolled in paperless billing or who enroll during the Entry Period can visit HawaiianElectric.com/gogreenplanttrees during the Entry Period and click on the “Enter Sweepstakes” button, which will generate an email by which they can easily enter the Sweepstakes.
Existing customers of Hawaiian Electric who are not currently enrolled in paperless billing may enroll in paperless billing by going online to www.hawaiianelectric.com/myaccount and signing up for paperless billing. You can also call your local Customer Service Center for assistance:
Oahu: (808) 548-7311
Maui County – Maui: (808) 871-9777
Maui County – Molokai, Lanai: (877) 871-8461
Hawaii Island – Hilo: (808) 969-6999
Hawaii Island – Kona: (808) 329-3584
Hawaii Island – Waimea: (808) 885-4605
All eligible adults may also enter to win by sending an email to email@example.com, with the subject line “Go Green, Plant Trees Sweepstakes Entry.” The email must contain your name, domicile address (i.e., permanent, physical residential address), and phone number. The email must be received during the Entry Period. Entries that are not complete or that do not adhere to the rules and specifications may be disqualified in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Entries are limited to one per household.
- WINNER SELECTION. On or around January 8, 2024, Sponsor will select ten (5) individuals in a random drawing from among all eligible entrants (“Winners”).
- PRIZES AND ODDS. The Winners will each receive a Hawaiian Airlines gift certificate with the retail value of $500 (“Prize”). The Prize is not redeemable for cash. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE. All Winners will be notified at the email address or associated with the Winner’s entry. Award of the Prizes is subject to verification of a Winners’ eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s inability to reach a Winner using the information provided, a Winner’s failure to timely respond to Prize notification, and/or a Winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in that Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the Prize, and the selection of a substitute Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner may waive his/her right to receive a Prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed. Prizes are subject to availability, and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on Prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), both of which must be returned within ten (10) days of the date of personal delivery or sender’s postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit and release within ten (10) days may result in the Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to a substitute Winner.
- GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release the Sponsor, its respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or with the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize or any travel, merchandise, or other goods or services redeemed with any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injury, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Hawaii, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Hawaii. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these Official Rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be by and within the courts of the State of Hawaii and no other. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST REQUESTS. For a copy of these Official Rules (available starting April 18, 2023) or a Winner list (available starting on or around January 8, 2024), send a request and self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Official Rules Request” or “Winners List Request” (as applicable), Hawaiian Electric, Attn: Go Green, Plant Trees Sweepstakes, AL25-QO, P.O. Box 2750, Honolulu, HI 96840.