Hawaiian Electric Power Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Hawaiian Electric Power Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the State of Hawaii who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, unless local law prohibits entry or requires pre-registration or bonding. Employees of Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Maui Electric Company, Inc. and Hawaii Electric Light Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, or advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- HOW TO ENTER. The Sweepstakes entry period lasts for thirty (30) days which begin on March 6, 2014 at 12:01 AM HST and end on April 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM HST (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and involves the entry method described below.
The Sweepstakes will be administered by Hawaiian Electric Company and its subsidiaries as the Sponsor. To enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to win, go online to www.hawaiianelectric.com/power (the “Sweepstakes Landing Page”) and enter your name, e-mail address, age and island where prompted. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per submission and will need to “like” the Hawaiian Electric Companies Facebook fan page. Only one entry per person is permitted through this method. For eligibility, each submission must be entered through the Sweepstakes Landing Page to be part of the drawing.
Follow Twitter accounts: Once you enter through the Sweepstakes Landing Page, additional entries will be allowed by following the Twitter accounts: @hwnelectric, @mauielectric, @hielectriclight. Up to 3 additional entries can be made per person. As long as you are following any of the three Twitter accounts noted by the end of the Sweepstakes, you will receive additional entries into the Sweepstakes.
Sharing sweepstakes promotion: You will also be able to share the sweepstakes promotion through your Twitter and Facebook accounts from the Sweepstakes Landing Page. If your friends enter by going to the Sweepstakes Landing Page from your shared link, then you will be awarded a bonus entry. There are no limits to the additional bonus entries through this method.
- WINNER SELECTION. On or around April 7th, Hawaiian Electric will select a Grand Prize Winner, 2nd Prize Winners and 3rd Prize winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
PRIZES AND ODDS.
The Grand Prize Winner selected in the Sweepstakes drawing will receive an Apple iPad Air with environmental friendly tablet cover and solar charging backpack with Hawaiian Electric’s Emergency and Safety Preparedness and Energy Savings Toolkits. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $1,000. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the prize drawing.
- The 2nd Prize Winners selected in the Sweepstakes drawing will receive an Apple mini iPad with environmental friendly tablet cover and solar charging backpack with Hawaiian Electric’s Emergency and Safety Preparedness and Energy Savings Toolkits. There will be a total of two (2) 2nd Prize Winners selected. Approximate retail value of each 2nd Prize is $800. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the prize drawing.
- The 3rd Prize Winners selected in the Sweepstakes drawing will receive a solar charging backpack with Hawaiian Electric’s Emergency and Safety Preparedness and Energy Savings Toolkits. There will be a total of three (3) 3nd Prize Winners selected. Approximate retail value of each 3rd Prize is $100. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the prize drawing.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE. All winners will be notified at the email address or phone number associated with the Winner’s information provided at the time of entry. Award of the prizes are subject to verification of the winners’ eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s inability to reach a winner using the information associated with contact’s information provided with entry made through the Sweepstakes Landing Page, a winner’s failure to timely respond to prize notification, and/or a winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in that winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in all prizes and the selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. The Grand Prize and 2nd Prize Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), both of which must be returned within ten (10) days of the date of personal delivery or sender’s postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit and release within ten (10) days may result in the Grand Prize or 2nd Prize Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Grand Prize or 2nd Prize, and the award of the Grand Prize or 2nd Prize to a substitute winner.
- GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release the Sponsor, its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and its officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or any travel, merchandise, or other goods or services redeemed with any mileage prize awarded (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injury, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Hawaii, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Hawaii. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these Official Rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be by and within the courts of the State of Hawaii and no other. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST REQUESTS. For a copy of these Official Rules (available starting March 5, 2014) or a winner list (available starting on or around April 21, 2014), send a request and self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Official Rules Request” or “Winners List Request” (as applicable), Hawaiian Electric Company, Attn: Hawaiian Electric Power Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2750, Honolulu, HI 96840.
- SPONSOR. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes will be final and binding in all respects.
Return to Hawaiian Electric Power Sweepstakes
Copyright © 2014 Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.